Our place of peace



We stayed in a little benab as you see here and the view from our deck and also our 'lounge' with the hammocks was of Burra Burra Mountain which is part of the Par........Range I will have to fill this in later as I have forgotten how to spell this range that runs down the west of Guyana and goes right down into South America. We walked in the forest several times with our guide and learned so much about the plants and trees. We saw puma tracks from the night before and smelled the peccaries, saw yellow backed tortoises and the leaf cutter ants in action as well as lots of parrots and mackaws and birds whose names I can't remember (Sorry Gwynneth) Even saw little humming birds and tannagers and during our night walk we saw the loveliest little pygmy owl sitting on a branch just ahead of us.
Oh really there is so much to tell I just wish this was quicker to upload. However enough for now. I will try again later this week. As you see we continue to enjoy ourselves and hear, if not remember, many new interesting things. I think we must be acclimatizing as it does not seem quite so hot these days.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home